About a week ago I planted peas out on the plot, although later than I would have liked it felt great to be at the stage where I’m finally planting crops on the allotment. I start peas off in modules and plant out when they get their first tendrils, I sow 2 seeds per cell
April whizzed by so fast but I got lots done on plot 5 thanks to the prolonged warm spell. I finished painting the shed, put the shelf up and moved my tools in. The hazel bean poles are in ready and waiting, it’s funny how these simple structures suddenly bring the allotment plot to life.
Even though it’s turned a bit chilly I’ve spent many happy days on the allotment getting the shed ready for spring. I made a pair of curtains using some patchwork fabric I stashed away ages ago, not bad for a first attempt if I do say so myself! I have just finished painting the inside
It’s been a while since my last blog post I know, since then lots of changes have occurred on plot 5 including a new shed! Yes, the old shed has been removed and is due to be recycled on the allotment site by another plot holder, who knows what it will become. I have finished
January is finally over, I was starting to think it would never end. It’s been a week or so since my last visit to work on my allotment and I’m really missing spending time there. Proper winter weather has finally arrived, plunging temperatures struggle to get above freezing most days leaving my fingers and toes